1. Terms and Conditions
1. These terms
◦ These terms and conditions relate to any products supplied to you by Singer Design.
◦ By purchasing goods from us you are agreeing to these Terms.
◦ These Terms may be varied by us at any time by posting amended terms and conditions on our website. The Terms which apply to your purchase will be those terms and conditions applicable at the time of the purchase.
2. Descriptions and Product Information
◦ Products displayed on this website are available whilst stock last. The images of the products on our website and other materials and descriptive specifications are for illustrative purposes only. Although every effort has been made to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. Your products may vary slightly from those images. When measuring our products, we make every effort to be as accurate as possible, however the measurements stated on our website are approximate only.
3. Placing an Order
◦ You can purchase our product by placing an order online or by email.
◦ Any order you place with us is subject to the availability of the products ordered.
◦ You must pay the full purchase price of the product before we can deliver the goods or make the goods available for collection.
◦ We will confirm acceptance of your order by providing you with an invoice or confirmation email that confirms your order has been accepted, at which point the contract between us is formed.
◦ Before placing your order for any product, it is your responsibility to check and determine your ability to receive the product from us. This includes ensuring the products ordered will pass freely into your room of choice, will fit in the room, can fit through the door, stairs and hallways and that there are no other issues that could make delivery complicated.
4. Returns and Cancellation
◦ Damaged or shortfall deliveries must be reported within 24 hours of receiving the delivery with photographic proof of the item concerned. After this time we cannot be held responsible for any product found to be damaged or missing.
◦ If you are unhappy with your purchase please let us know by email and return the goods to us within 3 days in the packaging you received it in. You shall send back the goods without any delay and in any event not later than 3 days from the day on which you communicate your wish to return the goods. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 3 days expires.
◦ When you are contacting us to exercise your right to return the goods you purchased from us, you must provide us with your full name, your invoice number delivery address and the date of purchase.
◦ To meet the returns deadline it is important for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to return before the returns period has expired.
◦ We will reimburse all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery.
◦ We will make the reimbursement without any delay and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied
◦ You will have to bear the cost of returning the goods.
Bespoke Furniture and Home Decoration Items
We produce and supply handmade, bespoke products, including furniture, accessories, lighting and sculptures all made in accordance with an agreed specification.
1. Placing an Oder
◦ You can place an order for a bespoke product by email. We will work with you to agree the specifications of the product that you would like us to produce and provide you with a quotation for the cost of the product.
◦ Quotations produced by us are purely for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the cost for the goods we may supply. They do not form part of the contract between us and they do not constitute an offer from us.
◦ Once we have agreed on a specification for the product we will send you an invoice requesting a deposit of 50% of the purchase price. Please note this deposit is non-refundable. It is your responsibility to ensure that the specifications of the goods are complete and accurate.
◦ Once we have received your deposit, we will confirm acceptance of your order by providing you with a written confirmation email that your order has been accepted, at which point the contract between us is formed.
◦ We reserve the right to change our product’s prices at any time without notice. The prices on our quotes and invoices are valid for 30 days.
2. Specification and Materials
◦ If you would like us to manufacture a product from an image provided by you, we will try to be as accurate as possible when producing the product, however we cannot guarantee that we will produce an exact reproduction.
◦ Once an order is placed, we can provide you with wood finish samples on request, but please be aware that these are offered as a guide only. Two pieces of wood are never the same and may vary considerably in character, gloss and colour. While we will do our best to provide you with as close a match as possible, we cannot guarantee an exact match.
◦ It will be your responsibility, to ensure that you supply the correct fabric and that the fabric is fit for purpose. You must also ensure that the fabric is supplied to us at the requested time, and you must pay the cost of delivering the fabric to us. We will not accept any liability for any flaw, imperfection or defect in a finished product that has been caused as a result of us using defective materials supplied by you.
◦ If fabric is required, when supplying this fabric to Singer Design it is the clients responsibility to ensure that the fabric is compliant with British standard of the Furniture and Furnishings fire safety Regulations Act.
Certain materials are susceptible to damage from even light handling. As all our products are handmade, it is inevitable that we will handle all products. We do not accept responsibility for the condition of these materials when they are used to form part of your product.
◦ The products supplied by us are made using a range of different types of wood and other materials. Products made from wood will often change in size throughout the year as a result of changes in temperature. This is normal and is caused by the moisture levels contained in the wood. It is your responsibility to ensure the products are stored in the correct conditions. We will not be liable for any changes in the size of our products due to wood movement and this is not covered by our warranty.
3. Lead Times
◦ When you place an order for a bespoke product we will provide you with an approximate time-frame for when the goods will be available for delivery. Once the goods are ready to be delivered, we will contact you and request payment of the balance of the purchase price. Once we have received payment for the products in full, we will provide you with an approximate time-frame for delivery, or arrange for the product to be collected by you.
◦ If our supply of a bespoke product is delayed by an event outside our control then we will notify you as soon as possible and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we keep you informed of any likely delays, we will not be liable for any costs incurred by you as a result of these delays.
4. Your Right to Make Changes or Cancel the order
◦ If you wish to change your order for a bespoke product, please contact us to discuss as soon as possible after placing the order. If we are able to accommodate your request, we will inform you of any increase cost to your order, any change to the lead time or any other relevant information. If we cannot accommodate your request or the consequences of us making the change are unacceptable to you, you may wish to end the contract.
◦ If you decide to end the contract you will not be entitled to receive a refund of your deposit.
5. Our Warranty
◦ We warrant that for a period of three months from the date of delivery of a bespoke product, that the product will:
▪ be free from material defects in design;
▪ be of satisfactory quality; and
▪ be fit for any purpose held out by us.
◦ Provided that:
▪ you inform us in writing within a reasonable time of discovery that some or all of the products do not comply with the warranty set out above;
▪ we are given a reasonable opportunity to examine the products; and
▪ you return such products (upon our request) to our place of business at your cost or you arrange for us to collect such products at your cost,
We will either repair the defective products, or refund the price of the defective products in full. The decision to either repair the product or refund the price in full will be at our discretion.
• We will not be liable for the product’s failure to comply with the warranty in any of the following events:
◦ the defect arose because you failed to follow our verbal or written instructions in terms of the use and maintenance of the products or (if there are none) good trade practice regarding the same;
◦ the defect arose as a result of us following any drawing, design or specification supplied by the you;
◦ you alter or repair the product you purchased from us or
◦ the defect arose as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal storage or working conditions.
• For the avoidance of doubt, the warranty set out above only applies to bespoke items especially made for you.
◦ Any dates quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only and Singer Design shall not be liable for any delay in delivering the goods. We will however keep you updated if any delays are caused.
◦ We deliver in mainland UK only for any other areas or international delivery please contact email@example.com to receive a quotation.
◦ Should you wish to organise an independent collection of the goods using a currier of your choice, Singer Design will not be liable for any damage caused by your currier.